Finding out why mdworker is running crazy

From time to time mdworker on my Mac seems to be running wild. I know it is related to Spotlight but it sometimes it would be nice to see what is actually causing mdworker to run to much. Looking at the documentation for fs_usage it looks like the best command for checking file activity. fs_usage … 

 

WordPress messing with my posts

Not sure why, but WordPress keeps messing with my posts and deletes the content. Looks like a few posts are empty at the moment. I’m going to fix that as soon as possible.

 

Setup Node.js and Ghost on a Raspberry Pi server

After using Rapidweaver for years I got fed up with the bad blog plugins. The look of the published posts was bad and the editor was not fun to work with. Rapidweaver is by no means a bad piece of software, it is by far my favorite OS X application, but the blogging functionality had … 

 

Expanding the Simulink patch

In the last post we used Unity to send a 1 to Simulink. In Simulink this was received as the number 49. In this post we are going to expand the Simulink patch to make the number (49) more useful in our dataset and prepare for the use of EEG to measure P300. We are … 

 

Simulink

As i’ve been starting to work with EEG/BCI and especially P300, I’ve gone back to using trusty old MATLAB for programming. Previously I’ve only been using matlab for calculation and simple statistics but now I’m starting to use it for Simulink. So this will be an intro to Simulink and a guide in how to … 

 

New devices!

The MetaWear is a low energy bluetooth device that can be paired up with your iOS or Android device. Its size makes it perfect for wearable gadgets and the company even have 3D enclosures ready to be downloaded and printed. The device comes with a battery (not sure if it is rechargeable) and also have … 

 

USB logging on CUI32Stem

Printing data to the console is often enough but sometimes it is nice to save the actual data, so it can be used later on. This is pretty simple with the CUI32Stem and only requires a few modifications of the board and the code. Update: Remember to move the V-Jumper from 3.3V to 5V! On … 

 

Raspberry Pi and 2 DC Motors

After getting a DC motor to work on both CUI32 and the Arduino my next task was it make it work on the Raspberry Pi. I wanted to make it work with a small LEGO robot so it wasn’t just a motor running, but an actual moving robot. I had to make a few modifications … 

 

CUI32Stem and a DC Motor

After getting the h-bridge to work on my other blog post, I wanted to make it work on the CUI32. This was really easy and with just a few lines of code it was working perfectly. The schematic is the exact same from as previously used for the Arduino, the only change is the code. … 

 

2x 7 segment displays with HC595

After my last post I wanted to try and set up two displays using just 3 Arduino pins. This proved much easier than anticipated. The 9th leg on the HC595 is just plugged into the 14th leg on the new HC595 and they are up and running! The schematic is pretty much the same as …